The Vascular Vein Centers respects your privacy and it is committed to protecting it at all times. This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how you may access your information.
This Notice of Privacy practice is being brought to you by the Vascular Vein Centers, Inc. with respect to the services provided to you by the Vascular Vein Centers (herein referred to as “we”). We understand that your medical information is private and confidential. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your personal health information (PHI). Protected health information includes any information that has been provided, physical or mental, the healthcare services provided to you by Vascular Vein Centers and any payment for services. Your health information will be used to carry out your treatment, payment and healthcare operations. We may use or disclose your health information to contact you to remind you of an appointment. Vascular Vein Centers requires business associate agreements for third party services to appropriately safeguard your information.
What Information is Protected
- Information your doctors, nurses, and other health care providers put in your medical record
- Conversations your doctor has about your care or treatment with nurses and others
- Information about you in your health insurer’s computer system
- Billing information about you at your clinic
- Most other health information about you held by those who must follow this law
Although Your Medical Record is the Physical Property of the Vascular Vein Centers, You Have the Right to:
- Request that the practice restrict how your protected health information is used or disclosed to carry our treatment, payment or healthcare options. The practice is not required to agree to such requested restrictions; however, if the Practice does agree to the requested restrictions, such restrictions are binding on the practice.
- Obtain a paper copy of the “Notice of Privacy Practices” upon request.
- Inspect, and copy your health record as provided applicable by law.
- Request an amendment of your health record as provided by applicable law.
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided by applicable law.
- Maintain the right to revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information. The revocation shall be effective to the extent that the Practice has already taken action on the consent.
Vascular Vein Centers, Inc. is required to accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations. We are required to notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. If the practice does change the terms of the Notices of Privacy Practices, you may obtain a copy of the revision.